- Company: Bright Local School District
- Primary Contact: Mike Bick
- Email: [email protected]
- Posted on: October 29, 2020
- Expiration: Friday November 13, 2020
Bright Local School District School Treasurer Job Posting
Position: Interim Treasurer/CFO
Start Date: November 22, 2020
The Bright Local School District is seeking an Interim Treasurer/CFO with proven leadership capabilities, a passion for education, and a commitment to the organization. The ideal candidate shall:
- Serve as the chief fiscal officer and custodian of district funds. Maintains accurate financial records. Recommend operational improvements that enhance the district’s fiscal accountability.
- Maintain open and effective communications. Promote the district’s mission, philosophy, and vision. Serve as an information resource. Keeps stakeholders informed about emerging issues.
- Monitor community demographics, resources, and emerging trends.
- Analyze data to improve school operations. Help develop and implement the district’s strategic plan. Identify and develop partnerships that enhance district services.
- Encourage program innovations. Implement funded proposals and comply with reporting requirements.
- Manage the oversight of receipt, safekeeping, and disbursement of all funds.
- Valid Ohio Treasurer’s License or ability to obtain one
- Treasurer’s experience preferred
- Must pass BCI/FBI criminal background check(s)
- Comprehension of Board policies and procedures; public relations; evaluation of personnel within the treasurer’s office; leadership; governmental accounting; state and federal laws related to school district budgeting and financing; financial report preparation; budget and accounting management as required by statute and other standards of the Ohio State Board of Education
- Ability to interpret fiscal feasibility of policies, rules, and regulations; communicate effectively; evaluate programs, prepare financial reports; maintain records and work effectively with others.
Salary: Per diem rate based on days remaining.
How to Apply: Please submit the following information to the address below:
- Letter of Interest and resume including salary requirements
- Current ODE license or evidence that one can be obtained
- Three letters of reference
- Any other relevant information or material
Direct all inquiries to:
Bright Local School District
PO Box 299
Mowrystown, OH 45155
Please do not contact board members directly.
Posting: October 29, 2020
Posting Closes: November 13, 2020
All applicant materials are subject to discovery as they constitute a public record.
The Bright Local School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bright Local School District ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Treasurer’s Office.